Former Council Chambers
This building is integral to the Fairfield City Museum and Gallery. It was built in 1913. Since then, it has been used for three purposes. First, it served as the Council Chambers for Fairfield and Smithfield Council till 1921.
In 1921, a businessman named James Leslie Morris purchased the building. He transformed it into his family home. It continued to be the Morris’ family residence till 1980.
In 1983, residents convinced the Fairfield City Council to purchase the property and a nearby block of land. The properties were later developed into a museum. The building now displays temporary and permanent exhibitions.